I’ve used a lot of phrases to describe the book. Obviously, describe it however you want! But if you’re looking for ideas, here’s some of what I’ve used.
- a scifi/fantasy novel set in post-apocalyptic Ohio Amish country
- literary post-apocalyptic Amish-dystopian rural fantasy-like science fiction
- rural-dystopian fantasy-like science fiction set in post-apocalyptic Amish country, long after the fall of civilization
- rural-dystopian fantasy-like science fiction with a splash of ninja, set in post-apocalyptic Amish country
- rural-dystopian post-apocalyptic fantasy-like science fiction with existential ethical dilemmas and a splash of ninja
And here are some more formal book descriptions:
- A biological disaster reverberates in Ohio Amish country generations after the near-extinction of humanity.
- A biological disaster reverberates in Ohio Amish country generations after the near-extinction of humanity. The story follows Root, a daring outlier in a culture shaped by conformity and fear. Leaving the safety of her village, Root’s journey will show her the truth: that her world has been twisted by people trying to save it.